- Board Certified: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Cornell Univeristy, Ithaca, NY
- Cum Laude with Physics Major
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Lightweight crew
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center, University Hospital of Columbia University, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York, NY
- Stanford University, Arthritis Surgery and Joint Reconstruction, Palo Alto, CA
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center; Elizabeth, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital; Rahway, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center; Summit, NJ
- Linden Surgical Center; Linden, NJ
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- New Jersey Orthopedic Society
- New Jersey & Union County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Robert Wood Johnson at Rahway Hospital: Joint replacement center; September 2008 to present
- Riverview Professional Services, Inc.; Freehold, NJ: Auto Insurance Reviews; October 2007 – 2008
- Joint Replacement Surgeries: Over 100 / year: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Trained Surgeon: Oxford Unicompartmental Knee Replacement – October 2007
- Overlook Hospital Sports Medicine Fellowship. Led orthopedic surgery 4 week out patient rotation in my office. August 2006 to present.
- Family Practice Residency; Union Hospital, Union, NJ. Led orthopedic surgery 4 week out patient rotation in my office. August 2005 to present.
- Compassionate Physician Award: Vitals.com: 2009
- Top Doctor Award: Consumers’ Research Council of America: 2009, 2008, 2007
- April 21st, 2010: Rahway Hospital CME talk. Post operative management of total joint replacements.
- February 17th, 2010: Lecture to 2nd grade class, Jefferson Elemantary School, Maplewood, NJ. All about bones.
- January 19th, 2010: Rawhay Hospital Fitness Center. Hip pain in the adult.
- Aug 6th, 2009:CME lecture to RN’s at Horizon Comp in Wall, NJ (Horizon).Hip pain in the adult
- June 17th, 2009: CME lecture at Rahway Hospital, NJ. Updates on DVT prophylaxis.
- March 24th, 2009: 2 pm. Lecture to 2nd grade class, Marshall Elementary School, S. Orange, NJ. All about bones.
- February 26th, 2009: Community lecture to Rahway Hospital Fitness Center, Scotch Plains, NJ. Arthritis Talk – general concepts for the layperson.
- December 5th, 2008: CME lecture to RN’s at Horizon Comp in Newark, NJ.Hip pain in the adult.
- May 21st, 2008: CME lecture at Rahway Hospital, NJ. Hip and knee OA.
- May 25th, 2005: Medical resident and attending evening lecture, Union, NJ.OA hip and knee.
- May 5th, 2005: Medical Resident’s lecture on orthopedic surgery. Union hospital, NJ.
- June 9th, 2005: Resident lecture on fractures. Union hospital, NJ.
- October 29th, 2004: Osteoarthritis of the hip and knee. Community lecture; Gregorio Senior Center, 330 Helen Street, Linden, NJ.
- October 22nd, 2004: Hip arthritis: surgical and medical advances. CME lecture; Medical Physicians on staff at Rahway Hospital, NJ.
- March 11th, 2004: OA of hip and knee. Grand Rounds. CME credit = 1. Trinitas Department of Medicine, Elizabeth, NJ.
- December 3rd, 2003: Osteoarthritis of the hip and knee. Community lecture; JCC Scotch planes, NJ.
- November 19th, 2003: Total joint post op care in-service . RN’s on 3E. Rahway Hospital, NJ.
- Schurman DJ, Rojer DE: Total Knee Arthroplasty: Range of Motion across Five Systems. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. p. 132-137, Number 430, January 2005
- Rojer DE, Goodman S: Total Knee Arthoplasty in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: CME article. Orthopedics. p. 39-47, Vol. 28 (1), January 2005
- Rojer DE, Yu RS, Barron OA: The Prevalence of Blood Transfusion in Proximal Humerus Fractures. American Journal of Orthopedics. p. 513-6, Vol. 31 (9), September 2002
- Frazier DD, Rojer DE, Brennan JB, Patterson A: Malpractice Claims Made Against Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Spine Surgeons Over a 21 Year Period. Presented: North American Spine Society 16th annual meeting; Seattle Washington, November 2001; Published: Orthopedics Today. December, 2001; 50-51
- Cordasco FA, Charlton TP, Rojer DE: Endoscopic ACL Reconstruction: Quadrupled Hamstring Tendon Versus Patellar Tendon Autograft. Presented: International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine; Washington DC, May 1999
- Lublin JC, Rojer DE, Barron OA: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Review of Initial Diagnosis and Treatment for the OB/GYN. Primary Care Update for OB/GYNS. Vol. 5, Number 6: 280-5, November/December 1998; Award winner: 1998 Primary Care Manuscript Competition
- Reiss AB, Rojer DE, Iyer S, Grossi EA, Galloway AC, Javitt NB: Sterol 27-Hydroxylase: Expression in Human Arterial Endothelium. Journal of Lipid Research. Vol. 38, Number 6: 1254-60, June 1997
- Ultimate Frisbee: Maplewood Ultimate: December 2007 to present
- Tae Kwon Do: Black Belt, August 1996
- Running: Philadelphia Marathon- 3h 25m, Fall 1994
- General Fitness: Hiking, Mountain Climbing, Skiing, Bicycling, Swimming
- Other interests: Photography, SCUBA Diving (PADI Certified), Cooking, and Sky-diving (once)