Mark Ghobrial is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. A native of Nutley, NJ, after high school, he completed an accelerated 7-year combined Bachelor of Science and Medical Degree program from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in Long Island, NY. While there he was inducted into the Psi Sigma Alpha and Sigma Sigma Phi National Medical Honor Societies.
After medical school, he completed his internship and residency at Rowan University-SOM/Jefferson Health (formerly UMDNJ) in South Jersey. While there he received specialized training in all subspecialties of orthopedics including orthopedic trauma surgery at Cooper Hospital in Camden, New Jersey. During his final year he was appointed as Chief resident and earned the Resident Research Award for his research in hip and knee replacement/revision.
Dr. Ghobrial took a special interest in hip and knee reconstruction. After residency he completed additional training in a fellowship in hip and knee replacements/revisions at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. While there, he underwent advanced training in hip and knee reconstruction including Minimally Invasive Direct Anterior Hip Replacement under the direction of distinguished surgeon Dr. Marc Hungerford. The minimally invasive technique allows patients to have their hips replaced with a smaller incision, shorter recovery time, and often gets patients back to their normal routines faster. His fellowship provided him with a broad experience to not only surgical treatments but also non-operative treatment modalities including therapy, injections, and medications.
Dr. Ghobrial is happy to be back to New Jersey and provide exceptional service and personalized care to the community. His goal is to collectively work with each patient to diagnose their issue, provide multiple treatment options and help guide them to make the best decision to feeling better and becoming more active in their daily life.
Conditions and Treatments
- Minimally Invasive Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Partial and Total Knee Replacement
- Hip and Knee Revision Surgery
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Fracture Repair and Management
- General Orthopedics
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- New York Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery at Rowan-SOM/Jefferson Health (formerly UMDNJ)
- Adult Reconstruction at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD
Hospital & Surgical Privileges
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center; Elizabeth, NJ
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital; Rahway, NJ
- Linden Surgical Center, LLC; Linden, NJ
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)