At Union County Orthopaedic Group, we are now seeing more patients in the both the Linden & Clark offices, while still observing all of the necessary safety protocols during this COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, we still have telemedicine appointments available for those who request it or those who are at high risk and unable to leave their home. Our office-based visits are much different these days from what they used to be, but we keep making adjustments to improve the level of care as we try to make our way through this difficult time. On May 26th, we also resumed elective surgeries and procedures, and are now prioritizing our backlog of cases to get through these most efficiently. Please bear with us as we do our best to accomplish this task.
Important COVID-19 Protocols for All Patients Visiting Our Offices
We will always keep safety front and center, and we will strive to make the appointment process as efficient as possible, but we ask for everyone’s cooperation in following some important steps and being aware of our protocols:
- All Patients Screened – All patients will be screened in the office for COVID-19 using a questionnaire, and we will also begin taking the temperatures of patients prior to entering the exam area.
- Facemasks Required – Facemasks or face coverings are required for anyone entering our facility. We will not be able to allow anyone without a facemask to enter.
- No Visitors Allowed With Patients – No visitors will be allowed to accompany patients or wait in the waiting room unless they are the parent of a patient who is a minor or they are required to support an incapacitated patient in their activities of daily living. Visitors should wait in their car and we will be happy to call them by phone from the exam room if they want to be a part of the exam.
- Observe Safety on Elevators – No more than 4-6 individuals should be on the elevator at any one time.
- Observe Social Distancing in Office – Please maintain a safe distance (6 feet if possible) from all other individuals in the office. When sitting in the waiting room resumes, please observe the signs indicating which chairs you should not sit in. Once the waiting room limit has been reached, we will ask patients to wait in their car until we call them up by phone.
- Use Hand Sanitizer – Dispensers with hand sanitizer have been placed at each front desk location in our offices and also at the entrance to the office in Linden. Please sanitize hands upon entry each and every time.
Other Safety Protocols We Are Taking
Union County Orthopaedic Group will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and other sources as we continue to regularly update safety protocols to protect our patients and staff. Below are some of the protocols we have adopted:
- Telemedicine appointments will continue to be offered for anyone who would like an appointment that way.
- Staff calls all patients ahead of their appointment to collect patient health history whenever possible. This helps to speed up the process of the office visit to create less bottlenecks and improve social distancing.
- All staff are required to wear facemasks.
- Any iPads that are being used will be disinfected between each and every use.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all office furniture in waiting rooms and exam rooms throughout the day; especially frequently touched surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed wherever possible to offer staff and patients more protection.
- A glass barrier has been installed at the front desk in the Clark location.
- Staff COVID-19 testing is done and temperatures are taken daily.
- Staff is regularly sanitizing and washing hands throughout the day.
- Restricting vendors and extra visitors from entering our facility.
Scheduling Your Appointment
We hope that the safety protocols we have put in place will make you more comfortable in coming to our office to be seen. We will continue to update these on a daily and weekly basis. Call our office today at (908) 486-111 to schedule your appointment or request an appointment online. We look forward to providing you with the same high quality of care that you are accustomed to receiving. We hope that you and your family stay safe during this challenging time.